Thursday, October 23, 2014

Not Much to Report

There is not much to report at this point.  We are supposed to have home visits with both Evie's and Tank's caseworkers tomorrow, so maybe I will have more information then but I'm not holding my breath. 

We have been to the Pumpkin Patch with TT, Twin, and her new old foster daughter, G (I'll have to come up with a blog name for her); and TT's co-worker who is adopting a child out of foster care. 

 On the hayride
 
 Going through just enough of the corn maze to say they did it
 
 

G was with TT for about six months, and left in June to go out of state to be adopted by relatives.  Apparently that did not pan out, and now G is in our state custody again; and they called TT to see if she would take her back.  G is about nine months younger than Evie.  They also had a play date last weekend at TT's house, and G did NOT like sharing her toys.  Next time we will meet on neutral territory and see if they play better together there. 

We also went to my sister's house and made pumpkins with my nephew. 

 
My dad came in town, and Evie cried her eyes out when we left after spending the day with them, even though she has only met him one other time.  Foster care = unhealthy attachment.
 
My aunt and 91-year old grandmother stopped by last weekend to visit and meet the kids.  Tank's name is a VERY common one right now, but my grandmother said, "Tank?  What kind of name is that?!"   Just shows generational differences in name choices.  My aunt was holding Tank, and he promptly fell asleep in her arms... with his hands folded.  So cute!
 

 
My neighbor has lived next door since I moved in nine years ago.  But recently she has been having some health problems, so her daughter, son-in-law, and 10-year old granddaughter have recently moved in.  Evie has enjoyed spending some time with the granddaughter (blog name Zookeeper, since she has two dogs, a rabbit, a bird, and a fish) at their house, and Zookeeper has enjoyed taking Evie under her wing. 
 
I am loving having a baby in the house (and I really think Evie is, too!).  My cat Pumpkin doesn't seem to have even noticed; and Tank hasn't noticed him yet, either.  Tank has been a little fussy the last few days (fussy for him = crying at all at times when he is not hungry or tired), so I may take him to the doctor tomorrow just to rule out an ear infection. 
 
I will update after the caseworker visits tomorrow if I get any new information!


No comments:

Post a Comment