Monday, September 1, 2014

Emotions

Oh, boy, the emotions are running high here in the last couple of days.  Well, I guess just the crying emotion.  Evie has been crying a lot in the last couple of days, which is pretty out of character for her.  She went through a period of a couple of weeks back in late June/early July when she would cry at the drop of a hat, but she's been pretty emotionally stable since then. 

But yesterday... yesterday... she bawled twice because my nephew wouldn't play with her.  I reminded her that sometimes people don't want to play the same thing (like when she didn't want to play princesses with my goddaughter, causing the goddaughter to cry/pout).  Then she fell asleep on the way home.  I could tell she was really tired when I got her out of the car because she was pretty disoriented so I walked her up to her room to finish her nap.  When she laid down, she started crying and saying that she wanted her mom.  I knew she was tired, so I sat there and rubbed her back until she stopped crying and could go back to sleep.  But then when she woke up, (she usually just walks downstairs when she wakes up) I heard her bawling in her bed that she wanted her mom.  Then this morning I was combing her hair out in the bathtub, and she suddenly started crying that it hurt (it was a little more tangled than usual but not much). 

Maybe it's because she's due a visit with mom (one is scheduled for tomorrow).  Maybe it's because she's out of sorts because she has been home with me for 4 1/2 of the last 6 days (home sick a day and a half last week and three day weekend now).  Maybe my patience is thinner because I have been home with her for 4 1/2 of the last 6 days.  I'm hoping it's one of those things, and that having a visit with mom tomorrow and getting back on a regular school/work schedule for both of us tomorrow will help get things back to normal around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment