Saturday, September 6, 2014

Emotions (cont)

I got a voice message from Evie's 4k teacher yesterday afternoon saying that Evie left the classroom in tears because she didn't want to go to her daycare, but wanted me to get her.  I felt guilty because I don't normally work on Fridays but I had to go into work in the afternoon to catch up on some paperwork so there was no way I could go get her until about 4:00.  But when I picked her up from daycare, she offered the information that she was crying at school (before I even asked) because she wanted her mom, and "I haven't even gone back with her yet."  So it had nothing to do with me picking her up, she just wants to go "home" to bio mom.  I guess she is having reality hit her that this is more than just a brief situation.  From what the caseworker has said, it will probably be several more months at least.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to help her get through this?

No comments:

Post a Comment