Sunday, September 21, 2014

Add to That List

Add to my list of things that will be hard as a single and/or foster parent:

12. Handwashing bottles every night. One of the things that I absolutely hate is doing dishes by hand.  I will go through three cycles with the dishwasher in one day if I have a lot of pots to wash.  My mom has china that is "handwash only", and I have always sworn that if I ever get married, there will be nothing that can only be washed by hand on my registry list.  Now I am handwashing bottles, nipples, and all the other various parts and pieces, EVERY. NIGHT.  because we don't go through enough dishes to run the dishwasher every night.  Uggghhhh.

1 comment:

  1. Can you run the DW even when it's not full to save some handwashing time? With three people in the house, surely you make enough dishes to run it once a day. The pieces fit nicely in a dishwasher basket and then you can just drip them dry in the drainer and assemble them. Then make your formula for the day at one time (usually the night before after baby is asleep) and voila', no handwashing... Plus, the hot wash cycle of the dishwasher is probably better than sink washing anyway.

    ReplyDelete