Monday, September 15, 2014

Changing Rules and a Fire Drill

They sprung on me that Evie and Tank couldn't sleep in the same room - after I already had the baby sitting in my kitchen.  The paperwork from when I was getting licensed last year said, "Children 6 years and above must not be in the same room with children of the opposite sex."  But apparently they have lowered the age to 4.  So Tank ended up sleeping in my room Friday night until I could get space cleared in the third bedroom (Thank goodness for my mom and sister to watch the kids while I got everything somewhat organized!) 

Also, we had a fire drill as we have to do when a new child is placed, or every three months.  When I have done the two previous fire drills with Evie, I have reviewed with her ahead of time what to do in the case of a fire.  This time, I just sprung it on her as I was walking upstairs and she was about to walk downstairs with her shoes in hand.  She FREAKED OUT and started jumping around in place and had no clue to go downstairs to the door.  Once I told her to go downstairs, she was running and fell on her butt and started crying (she was ok).  I told her to go ahead so I could get the baby.  Maybe I sprung it too fast, but that really was closer to what would happen in an actual fire anyway, so I'm kind of glad it happened that way. 

My living room looks like a baby exploded in it... between the new baby gadgets, and all the clothes I have been washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment