Friday, January 22, 2016

On the Night You Were Born


When I went to the Amaz*n site to get this thumbnail, it told me that I bought this book in July 2013, which was right after I started the foster care licensing process.  I had seen the book in a store and knew I just had to have it to read to my foster children.  The essence of the book is that all of the world celebrated the uniqueness of that child on the night he was born. 


On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, "Life will never be the same."  Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world.


The message I take out of it for my foster kids is that no matter what the situation was when they were came into this world, no matter what abuse or neglect they endured... the world  - and God - was still celebrating that child's birth... even if possibly their parents weren't. 


I cried the other night reading this book to Elmer.  Because his mother couldn't have known what a gift she was bringing into this world that night.  Because despite that, I know that the world rejoiced at his presence.  And because I wish that I could have been there to celebrate him then, too. 


Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born.


No comments:

Post a Comment