Thursday, August 7, 2014

Was That ME Talking Just Now?

I have had two instances today where I heard myself talking out of my child's mouth.

Evie was fixing us some fake sandwiches with her M*elissa & D*oug set.  She told me she was putting tomato on mine. 
Me: "But I don't like tomatoes." 
Evie: "But you have to eat them.  Remember I had to eat that red stuff [peppers]."
Me: "Yes, sometimes you still have to eat things even when you don't like them."

Evie was brushing and "braiding" my hair.  Of course it got tangled in the process, and then she pulled it really hard with the brush.
Evie: "Did that hurt?"
Me: "Yes"
Evie: "I'm sorry.  But we have to get the tangles out."
[Oh, how many times I have told her that while brushing her hair... especially in those first couple of weeks!]

At least she's listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment