Friday, July 22, 2016

A Sigh of Relief

At least for now. 


I finally talked with Elmer's caseworker today, after playing phone tag for a few weeks.  She said they did not end up doing home studies on the two relatives that mom named at court last month.  (From what I understood from her, though, neither was a blood relative to Elmer.)


The first was under the impression (from mom) that they would just be taking care of Elmer for a while until mom got him back.  When the caseworker explained that this would be a long-term arrangement, they were no longer interested.


The second apparently has not returned any phone calls to set up a home study. 


And I got a letter in the mail today saying that my home study had been submitted for consideration to be the adoptive family for Elmer. 


So I'm breathing a little easier tonight.

1 comment: