Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Mini Crib

Thanks to the suggestion of blog reader ~Sandy, I think I may have solved my crib problem!
 
Enter the mini crib.
 

 
An actual crib, but the size of a Pack 'n Play! 
 
They come in regular (as above) and foldable (below). 
 
I looked at a foldable one at the store today, and the sides (where it folds) were pretty rattle-y in the assembled position.  Does anyone have any opinions?
 
I'm beginning to discover that bloggy friends are going to be an invaluable help as a foster mom!

3 comments:

  1. I have a portable crib that folds that I've used for newborns and for my older infants when they need to sleep at Nana and Papa's house. They're a lot sturdier than they look. If you're low on space, I'd go for the foldable one (especially if you aren't planning on having more than one child at a time). That way if you end up with a 3-year-old, the crib can be stored and you can use the space for toys. I would definitely make sure you get a thicker mattress like the one in the top photo though as opposed to the thin ones that usually come with the portable beds. I really don't think the pack 'n play would be a problem initially though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you end up getting? Did you go with the standard mini crib or the foldable version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually still a Pack n Play at the moment. They told me when I got Tank that he may only be with me a few weeks. My plan is to order a foldable mini crib if I find out the relative placements they are looking at don't pan out.

      Delete