Wednesday, March 19, 2014

120 Days = 8.5 Months

I got a voicemail today from the caseworker saying that they had my license, and asking if I was interested in a placement.  By the time I got the message at 5:00, she said they had already worked out the situation - the child went with a family member.  Not that I could have taken the placement anyway since I have three trips planned in the next six weeks.  I told her I wouldn't be able to take a long-term placement until early May and would be available for respite placements in the meantime.

So now that I have my license, I have figured things out!  Apparently in the foster care world, 120 days = 8.5 months.  So this will be the conversion formula I will use in all future interactions with DSS/CPS.  LOL

In a way, it's frustrating that I have been waiting for this license for soooo long; and now that I have it, I can't do anything with it for six more weeks.  But in another way, it will be nice to have a six week heads-up with a definitive end-point date to mentally prepare myself again.

So... I probably won't post for the next six weeks or so, so don't worry about me - and don't forget about me, either!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment