Sunday, September 6, 2015

Quiet Blog = Quiet IRL

Just a quick update to say that nothing has been happening in the foster care world.  I haven't received any calls since Machine Gun left almost two weeks ago.  (Of course, now that I'm writing that, I will get a call at 3am tonight!)

I did go to a pizza picnic at the park with TT and her two little ones; as well as another foster couple friends, their daughter, two little boys they were doing respite for, and another 11-year old they were keeping for the weekend. 

And I went to a Foster Parent Association meeting yesterday, which is now being run by another dictator. She has decided that she will not be getting an organization to sponsor Christmas gifts for the kids this year, because hardly anyone showed up to the Christmas party last year (it was held the Saturday before Christmas, which in my opinion is WAY too late in the season to be holding a party).  Fun times.

I'm trying to do some good organization and cleaning in the house while it is quiet.  It's coming along slowly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment