Monday, April 27, 2015

Waiting for the Mail

For just about every day for the last three weeks or so, I have walked to the mailbox and looked for something - an envelope from DSS with notice of a court date for Evie.  Her mom's 90 days after the last time she messed up is the end of this month.  And from what Sunshine has said, mom seems to be doing what she is supposed to do.  So I expected that mom's lawyer would request a court date sometime in May and that we would get notice of it sometime in April.  (As much as my brain KNOWS - from everything I have read and experienced - NOT to "expect" that anything will happen on any kind of timeline, I still do it anyway!)  So every day when I have opened the mailbox, I have expected to see a court notice.  And every day it has not been there.  One day last week, I got my hopes up as I grabbed the mail out of the box and saw an envelope with the DSS logo on it.  That was notice of the next Foster Care Review Board meeting, which will be next week.

So here we still sit in limbo-land... 

No comments:

Post a Comment