Monday, April 6, 2015

Tank's Going to Be a Big Brother

Yesterday I went to take Tank a birthday present and visit with him for a while.  They have court this week, and from what I gather, Tank's mom is a little immature and very well may not let me see him anymore if he is reunited with her.  However, from what I also gather, it is not highly likely that will happen this week.  His caseworker and Guardian ad litem are both recommending he stay where he is (per his aunt). 

What I learned while I was there (keep in mind this is all through the eyes of an aunt on Tank's dad's side):
- Tank's mom has not been to see him in a month.
- There has been drama between Tank's mom and his dad's family concerning visits.
- Tank's mom is pregnant, so there may be another child coming in care soon. :(
- Tank's dad felt like I should be able to still see Tank if I wanted; his mom, not so much.
- Tank eats pretty much anything (it's obvious by his big 'ol belly!)
- Tank is walking now!  He was sooo cute toddling around. 

I took some Easter cupcakes we had made.  His aunt gave him one, and he devoured it!  There was yellow frosting and blue cake all over his face and in his nose.  He will definitely know what to do with his birthday cake!

I'm so thankful that his aunt has let me see him and know how he's doing.  She has been so sweet to me.  And it's obvious that she has been so sweet to Tank, too, and that's the most important thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment