Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Magic Phone Call

Apparently, my making a phone call to the DSS office makes things happen... things that had actually already happened before I made the call. 

There was the time I called about my home study being scheduled and was told that my case had already been referred to the Home Study agency, and they were waiting on a call back (Turned out Home Study Lady had left a voice mail at my work the day before I called, and I just hadn't gotten it yet.)

Then there was the time I called the licensing supervisor for the second time in 10 days (no return call the first time I called), and came home to a packet in the mail of the final things they would need for my license application. 

Yesterday I called my licensing worker because I still had not received the SLED check forms for any potential babysitters, that I had asked her for almost six weeks ago.  Today there was a big envelope with a stack of SLED check forms waiting for me in the mailbox. 

(I also asked about the status of the license application on the voice mail as well, but I haven't actually gotten a call back about that... I'm hoping that she at least mailed that off at the same time she mailed me the SLED check forms, if not before then.) 

So my phone call makes things that I'm waiting for happen, that have actually already happened.  Maybe I shouldn't wait so long to call the next time I'm waiting on something!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've only been a foster parent for 9 months, but I've learned that if you want to make sure that something gets done, you need to stay on top of people and remind them of things. There's not a week that I don't go without contacting the caseworker about something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But what I mostly have been experiencing is that once I make the call, they have apparently already done something about what I was calling about - prior to my even making the call. Just ironic that way.

      Delete