Saturday, February 1, 2014

OK, Whatever...

My new caseworker called last Friday and said she thought she had everything, but still needed one more thing to be able to submit my license application to the state.  She needed my fire escape plan. (I knew I had to have this, and it is posted on the kids' room and was checked by the fire inspector, but nowhere did it say that I had to submit this to the county DSS - even though there was a checklist of things I needed to send them.)   She said if I could scan it and email it to her that day, she would send my application in later that day or first thing Monday morning.  I wasn't able to get it to her that day, but emailed it over the weekend.  So if she is true to her word (but I have now learned to take everything they say and think to myself, "OK, whatever..."), the application should have been submitted this past Monday and the license should be processed within the next week or so.  If she didn't submit it on Monday, then I doubt it has been done yet since we had a big ice storm on Tuesday through Thursday and everything pretty much shut down.  At least it looks like everything is on track to be finished by May, which is the actual completion date that I have in my head now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment