Tuesday, September 5, 2017

I Want to Go to Disney World

Elmer LOVES Mickey Mouse, and really has for at least the last year.  The thought has been swirling around in my head for about six months now that I would like to take him sometime.  Then I thought, "Going in celebration of his adoption would be fun." 

I volunteer with a baseball league for kids with special needs, with many of my former patients.  Each spring, a local car dealership draws the names of ten players that will get a trip to Disney World.  This is an all-expenses paid trip for the child and three family members.  It amazes me that they continue to do this year after year.  This year, three of the ten winners were former patients of mine, and two of them posted a bunch of pictures of their trips this past weekend. 

Several other friends were also taking a trip to Disney this past weekend and posted pictures. 

I was so happy to see the moments of joy as these girls have the trip of a lifetime! And enjoyed looking at my other friends' pictures as well!  But every time I logged on and saw more Disney pictures, a part of me was sad that our Disney trip is not even on the horizon yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment