Sunday, February 8, 2015

Visit with Tank

I went to Tank's aunt's house today to visit with him and take a bag of his things that I still had.  She lives about a 45-minute drive from me, so I left Evie with a friend.  He was just waking up from a nap when I got there, and his aunt picked him up from his crib and tried to hand him to me directly.  But he kept turning away for her to hold him.  He WAS looking at me, though, when I was talking, with a look that said, "I think I might know that voice..."  After we got down on the floor and started playing, he warmed up quickly and snuggled and played with me. 

Baby Boy is standing by himself now!  A couple of times he pulled up on my leg while I was sitting on the floor, and then let go and stood about five or more seconds.  And he has gotten two new teeth on the top.

His aunt was very sweet, and thanked me for taking care of him when he needed me... which made me tear up a little.  She is married with an 18- and 14-year old.  She said that she is thinking about becoming a regular foster parent (to teenagers!) once he goes back to his mom (which she says looks like it will be around his first birthday in April). 

When he left my house, I wrote a letter to him and sent it with his stuff.  I also included some pictures for his mom.  Aunt said that she gave the mom the pictures, but that she kept the letter I had written to him, and that she would keep up with it (because she didn't think mom would) and would give it to him when he got older. 

I miss that little guy like crazy, but it makes my heart smile that he is being loved on and well cared-for!

2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up! I'm so glad you got to see him and that he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up! I'm so glad you got to see him and that he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete