Thursday, December 4, 2014

Evie and Tank Update

As far as I know, Tank's mom is still on track with her treatment plan.  However, Tank's caseworker never updates me about anything, and actually had another incidence last week of picking him up from daycare for a visit without telling me.  Evie's caseworker, on the other hand, always tells me ahead of time about visits, and always calls me after the visit to let me know how things went.  The day he went for a visit was one of the days that Evie was out sick from school, so I actually seriously considered keeping him home that day.  I'm sure they would have been annoyed if he wasn't there; but if I don't know about the visits, I can't guarantee that he will be where you think he is! 

Evie's mom has court a week from tomorrow.  It is "Judicial Review and Permanency Planning," meaning it has been six months since the treatment plan was established and this is to determine what the progress is.  The only thing mom needs to complete is to get a new place to live.  They can't return to the house they were living in partly because someone living in the house has a criminal history.  Now the family is talking about that family member moving out; and the caseworker said that this may actually happen in time for court next week.  If it does, it is definitely possible that Evie will be returned to mom at that time.  However, apparently someone from the Foster Care Review Board is planning on being there and sharing their thoughts, so it should definitely be an interesting day!  I will update with the results after court next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment