Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Machine Gun

Around 4:00 on Sunday afternoon, I took Machine Gun (his laugh often sounded like a little machine gun) to the pediatrics after-hours clinic because he had been wheezing and had stridor since he got here.  Machine Gun ended up getting transported to the local children's hospital and then got admitted overnight.  We finally left the hospital at 5:00 yesterday, and had somewhat of a rough night last night. I stayed home from work today, and then the investigator came to get him today at 1:30 to take him back to his mom. 

Machine Gun was such a cute, sweet little boy.  He was so happy - as long as I was sitting close to him.  The minute I stood up (even if I was still in his sight), he started screaming.  He had to be rocked to sleep - and held for at least 15 minutes before he was asleep enough to not wake up and scream when I put him down.  When the investigator brought the official paperwork, I saw that he is actually almost eleven (not nine) months old.  I learned that he was born ten weeks early (so should be doing things that an eight-month old is doing), but his motor skills were actually on par with his actual age of ten months.  He was so active!  But he was less stable than he thought he was; he fell a lot, but only once cried when he fell.  He was so snuggly and cuddly. 

I'm glad he's back with his mom, but I sure will miss that cute little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment