Tuesday, December 24, 2013

That Comment

I have read about many people getting "that comment" about being a foster parent. 

Even before I have become licensed, I also have gotten "that comment" many times myself already.

"Isn't it going to be too hard to let them go?  I could never do that."

Here's one foster mom's response to the question.  I like it.  Part of what she says is, "I am not afraid to grieve.  I am afraid of what would happen to these children if no one took the risk to love them." But you should read the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. I hear 'that comment' even though I am not a foster parent - just interested! That is the FIRST response I get when I bring up the subject. Every time. :/
    I always remind people that our own kids are not promised to us either! (I lost a toddler so they understand what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I'm so sorry for your loss. Good luck on your foster care journey. Let me know if you decide to go through with it!

      Delete