Sunday, April 12, 2015

Conversations with Evie

Last night, I fixed a beef stir fry lo-mein type dish for dinner.  It had fresh spinach wilted into the dish.  (I don't use spinach very often in cooking.)  Evie said, "I know what this green stuff is... spinach."  She took a bite and said she liked it.  Then toward the end of eating her dinner, she said, "Let me see if I like the spinach."  She took a bite of just the spinach, pondered for at least thirty seconds, and then said, "I do like it!  Thank you for fixing me spinach for dinner, Miss Allison!"  (It was a pretty tasty dish, if I do say so myself, but what five-year-old - especially one who hardly ever had vegetables before - says "thank you" for spinach?!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Evie was talking to her mom on the phone last night.  Mom said she had recorded The Swan Princess for Evie.  Evie asked, "What's a swan?"  Mom: "It's kind of like a geese."  Evie: "Like a goose?"  I thought it was very interesting that my five-year-old was correcting her mom's grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment