Sunday, July 13, 2014

Am I Crazy?

Several weeks ago, the licensing/placement workers called and asked if I was ready to take a second child.  (I am licensed for two, but told them I definitely only wanted one, at least at first while I was still getting my feet wet.)  I asked for what age.  It was for a three year old, so that wasn't even an option since I am only equipped for one child sleeping in a bed and one in a crib.

But since then, I have been thinking that the addition of a second child may actually HELP my sanity.  That maybe then Evie would have another being in the house to occupy her (I really think she thinks my only job is to be her playmate, since it is just me and her here); and she would also see that I have to pay attention to another little one and maybe she would learn to occupy herself more. 

Then the other day, I saw a friend's post on Facebook: "I'm on day #2 with my boys gone to spend the summer with my ex-husband..my daughter is here with me however, I FORGOT how much attention children require when they're the only ONE!"  Exactly.

As it is, I am planning to switch Evie to a different daycare when school starts next month (one reason is because of some of the things I don't like at her current daycare, especially the amount of TV-watching that goes on there; but also because I found a place that will not charge me the difference between the ABC voucher and their actual cost - I am still paying $55 a week for daycare because the voucher only covers $90 a week).  So I would not take another child until that switch has been made since I wouldn't want to either have to move the other child after a month, or have kids in two different daycares for a month.  Plus, Evie's mom told her on the phone last night that she thinks she will be able to find a new place to live in the month of July, so it's always a possibility she won't still be with me by that point. 

But, once she's in her new daycare, it's quite possible that I might take a second child.  Am I crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment